Sunday, November 7, 2010

Definition paragraph


Red Envelopes
Red envelopes are money that we give our family or friends when we celebrate any joyous occasion. There are several meanings of red envelopes when we give them to others. In fact, we always give even numbers of money in a red envelope because pairs mean good things will be doubled. For example, when my cousin got married, my mother gave 2200 NT dollars for her of a red envelope, which means she wished the couple would be happy forever. Also, we give red envelopes on the Chinese New Year because the color of red in Chinese culture means happiness. When we give red envelopes, we hope others will have a new and good beginning in a new year. By the way, that means hoping others’ wishes will come true. Moreover, sometimes we give others red envelopes because we want to encourage him or her. For instance, my sister had won a singing competition, and my mother gave her a red envelope because my mother hoped she would never give up and keep hard. All in all, red envelopes represent celebration and blessing.

2 comments:

  1. 2 - I think that this is a good definition paragraph. This is because after reading this, I totally understood the Red Envelopes. I think that the most component of a definition paragraph is making a reader understand easily :-).
    Good job, Meng-Jou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1- I think this ia a good definition paragraph. because i learn about the red envelopes,and when it use. Also, it has many example to understand what it mean.

    ReplyDelete